Sunday, January 13, 2013

What does it meant to be 23?


 out of all numbers,
why 23?
what does it meant to be 23?
that is the exact question to be frank.

in less than a month,
err.. just in few days
i will turn 23.
what's up with that number huh?
some people might be asking.

for me, it is a big number.
it does not only mark a mere number,
but it does more than that. 

it means that i am an adult.
really an adult.
arrgghh.. it is so hard to accept the reality,
it is hard to believe that i am already 23.
but actually,
still, 23 is young.
not that old.
(still in-denial syndrome)
it is a benchmark,
the start of being an adult.

getting older and older,
don't you think it makes people
think even more.
wise and mature.
yes, that.
yet, there's still child-being inside you,
it just not too appropriate to show much.

yeah, at this rate
people will start asking not-so-comfortable-to-answer question
like,
"Bila nak kahwin?"
and my answer would be,
"Insha Allah, bulan Disember, tahun je tak tahu bila,"
 
the fact that many of my younger cousins already tied their knot.
i guess it is trending back, the tradition of early marriage.
not that early dear makcik-makcik and pakcik-pakcik.
my sister will tie her knot this upcoming May,
and i guess my parent have to wait another 5 years
before my turn. haha

so what does it meant to be 23?
it means that people will perceive me differently,
not girl, no more. its lady.
treat me differently.
yeah, like an adult even though
my behavior does not really reflects that.
and its me myself.
it is about time to think about future.
precisely wisely.
not just as a mere dreaming,
it is time to make the dream comes true.
insha Allah, i will.


p/s: 23 means frown less and smile more. 

auch_down

No comments: